3 oz chicken
2 cloves garlic or 1 tsp dried
50 grams onion, diced
50 grams celery, diced
100 grams carrot, peeled and diced
200 grams potato, peeled and diced
3-5 cups water or chicken/vegetable stock
1 tsp dried dill
3/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp salt
200 grams broccoli
1. Slice chicken breast in half. Chop onion, celery and carrot into medium pieces.
2. Add 1/4 cup water to a large pot and place over medium heat. Add in chicken, garlic and onion, sauté for about 3 minutes.
2. Add in the carrot and celery. If needed, add in a small amount of water to avoid sticking.
3. Chop potato into medium cubes. Add to pot along with 3 cups water, dill, thyme, celery seed, salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Check that potatoes are tender and when pressing a wooden spoon into chicken it easily comes apart. Remove chicken to a plate to cool.
5. Pick out about 1/3 of the potato chunks; I prefer to only blend the potato pieces to get a better color. Using an immersion blender or mini blender, puree potato pieces with a small amount of cold water.
6. Add broccoli pieces and creamed potato into pot, continue to simmer.
7. By this time the chicken pieces should be cool enough to handle; shred them with a fork.
8. Add chicken to pot, taste and adjust seasonings if needed or add a bit more water to thin out. Heat an additonal 2 minutes and then serve.
Nutrition (per serving): 211 calories, 1.4g total fat, 37.5g carbohydrates, 4.9g fiber, 5.1g sugar, 16.6g protein.