1 medium spaghetti squash
2 small carrots
1 small green pepper
1 sticks celery sticks
2 tbsp onion
4 ounces chicken breasts
2 tbsp water
2.5 tsp of thyme
3 tsp of garlic, minced
2 cup of chicken broth or water
1 cup of pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cup almond milk
1 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp of sage
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds, place face down on baking sheet and cook for 35-45 minutes until skin gives easily when pushed on.
3. Chop onion into small pieces. Chop carrot, pepper and celery into medium pieces. Chop chicken into medium pieces.
4. Add chicken, onion, water, thyme and garlic to a large sauce pan on medium heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes until chicken is completely cooked and no pink remains.
5. Add in remaining vegetables and sauce ingredients, turn heat down to low and gently heat until spaghetti squash is cooked. The sauce should not reach a simmer or boil but simply stay warm, stir occasionally.
6. When spaghetti squash is cooked, allow to cool until able to handle. Using a fork scoop noodles out and toss with sauce.
7. Scoop into bowls and add garnishes.
Nutrition (per serving): 269 calories, 4.9g total fat, 41g carbohydrates, 8.9g fiber, 16g sugar, 19g protein.