1/2 lb raw ground turkey
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
50 grams onion
100 grams celery chopped
200 grams carrot
400 grams sweet potato
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp basil
1 tbsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
6 cups water
200 grams kale
1. In a large stock pot over medium high heat add water, ground turkey and spices. Cook unti no pink remains, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Chop onion into small cubes and add into pot while turkey is cooking.
3. Next chop all other vegetables into medium cubes: celery, carrot and sweet potato. Chop fresh garlic into tiny pieces.
4. When turkey is fully cooked add in celery, carrots, sweet potatoes, and remaining spices. Allow to sauté for a few minutes until garlic begins to brown.
5. Add in water, there should be enough to cover vegetables. Allow to simmer for at least 30 minutes until carrots and potatoes are soft.
6. Chop kale into small bite size pieces. Once all vegetables are cooked, stir in kale.
- Use any variety of vegetables this soup is great for cleaning out the refrigerator.
Nutrition (per serving): 233 calories, 5.8g total fat, 33.4g carbohydrates, 8.1g fiber, 8.6g sugar, 14g protein.